Wednesday, November 17, 2004

Restaurant Delivery

Pizza Hut hates my block. Actually I believe that Pizza Hut hates most of Shaw, because the Pizza Hut on U Street won't deliver in spots east of it's 13th & U location. When I was living on 12th Street it barely wanted to even deliver there claiming it didn't go to a certain address south of me. Then I had to 'splain to the girl on the phone that you'd had to pass my apartment to get to the end of their delivery zone.
Worse now that I have moved waaaaay east of 12th Street. Finding places I like and that deliver is very hard. Dominos will deliver. But I'm not a big fan of Dominos. There are also more local pizza chains that will deliver, but for blah pizza I could just cook my own frozen kind.
Chinese restaurants are delivery sluts. Anywhere, almost anytime for very little money. The so-so Chinese restaurant on P and 11th will deliver, as well as some others I suspect. But there is only so much Spring Onion Beef I am willing to eat.
As new restaurants open up in Logan and on U Street I do inquire about their delivery services and if possible they deliver to me. No. Rice does not deliver to eastern Shaw, too far. As far as I know Allero and Sala Thai up on U don't deliver at all to anyone. Etheopian delivery seems pointless, just easier to walk and that spongy bread doesn't travel well.
BL and N turned me on to a non-Shaw Indian restaurant that does deliver to eastern Shaw, LeDroit Park and Eckington, Mehak. Now I have eaten at their 7th Street location once and was not too impressed by their food at the prices they were charging. So last week I tried them out. Yea! They deliver to my house. Boo. I'm still trying to figure out where the extra $5.00 charge came from as I keep re-adding the bill. I ordered Chicken Curry, which I must say tastes way better as a leftover.
There are delivery services that will pick up a meal for me for an extra charge, but I'd prefer it when the restaurant itself delivers. Maybe I want too much.

3 Comments:

At 11/19/2004 1:05 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Good topic... I usually go for Todays Pizza in Brookland and the so-so Chinese at 14th and U. I agree, its not much!

But... I am a fan of Jamdoung (sp?) Jamaican carryout on North Cap. And I've heard good things about the Peruvian Chicken place at Florida and 6th. Any other carryouts I should be trying? How's Tobago?

- Jeff

 
At 11/19/2004 2:15 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Funny you mention the Chicken place at 6th and Florida, Jimbo claims they burnt his order and hasn't been back since. Have they improved?
The Jamacian place on Florida and ..... 9th? 10th? is pretty good according to the ladies at the beauty salon. There is a restaurant with 2 seats on 7th serving Trinidadian food just above the S street exit of the Shaw metro that got a good write up in the Washington Post.

 
At 1/19/2009 10:30 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

All i can say is i loved pizza so much. Keep up the good work.

-vee-

 

Post a Comment

<< Home