Tuesday, December 14, 2004

House of the Quarter: Buy this house

Normally I wouldn't ask but pleeeeeese buy this 3 brdm 1 bath house @ 401 R Street. Why? 'Cause if you live there then maybe the dumbasses will stop hanging out on that corner. Also it is going for $355K, a steal I tell you a steal!
I don't know what the story is, and if someone does know the story then please tell me. All I know is people live/lived there and they would hang out on their 4th Street side porch with other odd folks of the neighborhood. The porch is really cool. A porch where you can hang out, drink and watch the world pass by is always cool.
If you buy the house could you install a sprinkler system so the knuckleheads will move on? People don't like getting wet. I find a sprinkler system, or just a plain old sprinkler a wonderful thing 'round the 4th of July.
But if you can borrow $355K or more please buy this house, fix it up, live in it and install a sprinkler system. If you do I'll buy you and your spouse/ partner/ other SO/dog/ cat dinner.

3 Comments:

At 12/15/2004 9:24 AM, Blogger Mari said...

This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.

 
At 12/16/2004 3:17 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wasn't this one of the City Paper's sarcasm-heavy "Real Estate Price Picks of the Week"? Maybe that scared away buyers...

BTW, great blog! (from 6th/Q resident)

J

 
At 12/16/2004 3:35 PM, Blogger Mari said...

Thanks.
I don't remember it being in the City Paper. It may have been, and I should have noticed it but didn't. According to the database I saw it went on the market the first week of the month.
I know the house between 5th and NJ Ave on R was blasted in the City Paper sometime ago.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home