Friday, October 13, 2006

Green Fest this weekend

Over at the convention center is where I will be, for the Washington DC Green Festival. A day pass is $15 but I swear there was a discount for people who arrive by bike, but I can't seem to find the catalog I got in the mail for the event where I saw such a mention. I'll probably only do one day as I'm just curious to see what's out there as far as energy conservation and organic food goes.
Also speaking of green check out the Treehugger's Urban Homestead vidcast/episode. The subject is the Path to Freedom homestead, where the front yard is 95% edible. A lot of stuff I was aware of but I was really surprised and slightly excited by their use of bio-fuels for the home. I usually associate bio-fuel with cars, of which I don't have, but now I see a possibility of other uses.

Also happening this weekend is the Howard University homecoming. Think crowded streets. Think traffic as there are related events on/near U Street and New York Avenue. Note to rap stars attending the homecoming, this year don't drive away from your bodyguards in your six figure sports-car only to have some guys try to rob you in traffic. Be smart about protecting the bling.

2 Comments:

At 10/13/2006 10:05 AM, Blogger si said...

as of 9:30am they were passing out 2 for 1 admission to the greenfest at the Dupont Metro (north exit).

 
At 10/13/2006 7:19 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The website still says $7 for people who arrive by bike. I want to know if my walking from my apartment counts.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home