Tuesday, October 14, 2008

Ricky Raccoon Spotted

I went out into the backyard to dump something in the composter when I heard a noise. I saw something climbing up the tree in the alley. At first I thought it was the white-faced cat I saw climbing decks and fences earlier this morning, but this cat had a gray-brown coat. Then I thought to myself, there aren't any gray-brown cats in our alley. The critter turned it's face to me and it was a raccoon!
Yelling "Shoo-shoo shoo, nasty creature. Go away," is pointless.

Labels:

5 Comments:

At 10/15/2008 7:31 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

One morning when it was still dark out, I let my dogs out in the backyard to relieve themselves. As soon as I opened the door, they sprinted out barking like crazy. Then came the sound of a fight and what I can only describe as the sound of a wounded Tasmanian devil. Wow, did that racoon sound vicious. Anyway, the dogs chased it out without getting bit or scratched. This was the third time I have seen a racoon in my backyard in the last 4 years.

 
At 10/15/2008 4:15 PM, Blogger si said...

We had a large family of raccoons living in the ceiling for a year or 2 & we named em all Ramo. Such fond memories of 3am sweet love screechin. They are very inquisitive, they would always come up to the back door to visit, scratch the glass a little. And that time we redid the bathroom and tore the ceiling down? Lets say sitting on the throne involved company :)

if you wonder why your yard has deep pits, its either the raccoons or the possums.

 
At 10/15/2008 8:12 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Raccoons, opossums, foxes, and coyotes all live in inner-DC neighborhoods. Just FYI.

 
At 10/15/2008 8:13 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, sign the last one Mark Bjorge

 
At 10/15/2008 11:01 PM, Blogger Mari said...

3AM, heck Ricky used to visit me at 4AM. He had gotten into the crawl space between the ceiling and roof and to hear that scraping and clawing above my bed was just horrid. Then I got the house rehabbed and now Ricky stays outside.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home