Tuesday, May 26, 2009

BFM and a teaspoon of Rolling Thunder


IMG_0116
Originally uploaded by In Shaw
Besides the bikes that a few of my neighbors have, I figured the rumbling I'd hear would be limited to them and a few of their friends. Nope.
Sunday at the Bloomingdale Farmer's Market, where I wandered over to get pasta and strawberries, I saw a parade of motorcycles lead by the police. This is not a good picture, but back on Florida Ave is where a small portion of the bikes can be seen. It was a good bunch, men, predominately Afro-American, on shiny big bikes, waving to the people and honking their horns. Traffic was blocked for several minutes and it went on long enough to make me wonder if I could get back to the other side of Florida.
The mini parade went on long enough that as they were passing my attention went back to buying things. I really like the Copper Pot's pasta sauces and meat filled pastas. I'll admit, I'm not that big of a fan of the spaghetti, but I like very, very, very thin noodles. Last night I had the lamb angelico(?), the lamb stuffed pasta,with a cream sauce I made from cream, white wine, garlic, a bit of lemon juice and some sage growing out in the yard. OMG that's good. The week before I had the rabbit pasta, which is very delicate and requires a delicate sauce. So far the lamb is my favorite.
And there were two vendors selling strawberries. Last week I made strawberry frozen yogurt with those strawberries and that very smooth yogurt found at Timor's. That was very good and no I didn't give any of that away, like I normally do with a lot of my ice creams. So this week, I bought some more strawberries, from both vendors and once again made strawberry frozen yogurt, and pina colada sorbet. Both have booze in them so that limits who I can give them away to.
Unlike store bought strawberries, these in season, local kind, don't have that tasteless white center I often find. The farmer's market strawberries are tasty throughout.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 5/26/2009 3:38 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do check out those mallard duck eggs!! Very dense and rich yolks. Love baker's products too. Only negative is that no one sells chicken.

esse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home