Thursday, June 18, 2009

BFM on NPR's Morning Edition

This morning I awoke to the sound of thunder and went back to sleep. Then the clock radio clicked on, and I tried fighting not going back to sleep, and then a story caught my groggy attention. Listen to local resident and NPR reporter, Neda Ulaby's report about our dear Bloomingdale Farmer's Market. You'll hear the voices of other locals Ted Mcginn, Robin Schuster, and Scott Roberts.
It is amazing how the area (though not in the TC I'm claiming it) got this wonderful market. It's got kids and dogs and so far so good with that. I've said it before the market has a great atmosphere, that I haven't experienced at some of the other DC markets. Dupont has a lot of great stuff, but OMG is it crowded. I ran into one in Georgetown it was rinky-dink, but then again it was closing down when I showed up. and the farmer's market (this was a while ago so it may have changed) near the Department of Ag, felt lacking. And Penn Quarter's farmers market, where I'm heading to after work, is good, but not the same.
I'm still loving the strawberries that are in season. I still have some waiting for turning into a strawberry spread, loosely based on Copper Pot's recipe seen on Fox 5. I halved all the ingredients, including the time but except the vanilla, and use the spread to make strawberry ice cream. The jellies Stefano Frigerio (Mr. Copper Pot) sells is firmer, more jell-y. Didn't see him last week at BFM, so I'll be keeping an eye out for him this weekend as his pasta sauces are wonderful.

Labels: , , ,

1 Comments:

At 6/19/2009 7:32 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I really like the vendors and FOOD at the Bloomingdale market. For some reason, I feel like the vendors at Dupont think that they are doing me a favor by taking my money. Maybe it is because they have so many people. My only complaint about the Bloomingdale market is that they don't have chicken every week. Chicken is a staple in my house. When they do have it, it's excellent!

esse

 

Post a Comment

<< Home