Monday, September 21, 2009

Mt. Sinai missions

On Saturday I got a flier advertising the Mt. Sinai Baptist Church Nurses' Ministry's Church and Community Health Fair. What I really wanted to do Saturday was ask questions of what I'm assuming is some clothing ministry that was out on the corner of 3rd and Q that day. But I was running errands and trying to catch buses so that didn't happen.
If you haven't seen them or ever walked by that corner when they are out, every so often (it seems monthly or quarterly) on a Saturday there will be free clothing offered. The couple of times I've passed there have been people fingering through the racks of clothes. When I walked by this weekend there were "gently used" (got that phrase from EBay) women's and children's shoes. There were children's clothing as well as adult clothing. And then there is the big chalkboard saying "Free Clothes" just so it is clear of what' going on and offered.
The flier I got is for free health screenings and some shots & tests that are to occur on the 26th from 10AM to 3PM. The screenings are for prostate cancer, glucose (for diabetes, body fats or lipids), and blood pressure. The tests are for HIV, urine, and hearing. The shots are for the flu and tetanus. This is to occur in their lower auditorium. I'm guessing that's the same area where we have the BACA meetings.
For more information I gather one would contact Mt. Sinai and their office # is 2/ 667-1833.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home