Tuesday, February 23, 2010

A gold plated DC education

My friend Nathan of DC Education Blog is back and blogging and reports here and here, that DCPS spends about $28,000 a student. Not that each student gets $28,000 worth of school, books, facilities, teachers, as there is the court ordered Special Education which costs more.
I took a look at the numbers, which is almost pointless because I don't do math. The libertarian Cato Institute's look at the numbers are in this Excel spreadsheet. Which somehow led me to the audited enrollment for DC Schools because I wanted to know the number of students behind those numbers which I don't really comprehend. Something else I wanted to understand but didn't see numbers were comparisons of how much per student was spent in NoVa or PG or Montgomery counties.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home