Friday, July 22, 2005

Amusing typo

I guess the only way to get a sit down restaurant with wait staff and a menu is by error. As I was looking at the restaurants listed for Restaurant Week and spotted "21 P" which is listed on the Washington Convention and Tourism as well as the Restaurant Assoc. of Metropolitan Washington site as being at 21 P St NW. So. So. Wrong. If memory serves me, the only thing in that vicinity where food is served is the New York Fried Chicken at the corner of P & North Cap, and I don't think they're doing Restaurant Week.
The real address I believe is 2100 P Street, in Dupont Circle, but the name of the restaurant is 21 P. I'm beginning to think this is the winner of the bad names for restaurants. 15 ria, which is at 1515 Rhode Island Ave, at least one does not automatically think 15 Rhode Island Ave when seeing 15 ria.
So if there is actually a 21 P Street, warn them that they may have to put out an extra plate for dinner.

3 Comments:

At 7/23/2005 11:47 AM, Blogger Sean Hennessey said...

i'd vote for R.F.D.* as the worst named restaurant in the city.



* regional food and drink.

 
At 7/24/2005 1:50 PM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's in the burbs, but Ballston has a kabob place called "The Food Factory"

Good kabobs. Terrible name.

 
At 7/24/2005 8:54 PM, Blogger Unknown said...

It's in the burbs, but Ballston has a kabob place called "The Food Factory"

Good kabobs. Terrible name.


BLASPHEMY! :)

I used to live down the street from the Food Factory. Awesome kabobs, killer samosas! I may have put one of their kids through college with the amount of food I bought from that place. I knew it was bad when I simply had to call and they knew who I was and what I was ordering by the sound of my voice.

But I guess you're right. Kind of a dumb name.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home