Wednesday, July 02, 2008

5th St Hardware Now Open

After work I stopped by the newest hardware store at 1055 5th St NW, near Shaw (on the other side of NY Ave, so not Shaw) to see if I could find a cable do-hicky-thingy. Thing with businesses that just open up is that there are more staff people milling about than customers and no I don't need any help, just looking. This cramps my style of leave me the heck alone until I need something shopping. It will get better once people realize it's there and the surrounding condos are filled with folks who need light bulbs, hooks, Meyer's cleaning solution, buckets, flower pots, suet, and bolts... okay maybe condo people may not need the kajillion different bolts and actual hardware they have stocked on the second floor.
I got my cable thingy, as well as some garden wire and some citronella candles. It doesn't have the same vibe as Logan Hardware, but as I said, it's still new.

Labels:

2 Comments:

At 7/03/2008 8:03 AM, Anonymous Anonymous said...

hun, the south side of M St. is "so not Shaw" too. haha

i'm getting all shopping done early in preparation for friday nights fireworks events.

rr446

 
At 7/03/2008 9:03 AM, Blogger si said...

i am SO excited to be able to buy a pipe fitting when i need it down the street instead of losing 2hrs of my life at home depot. life is sweet!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home