Tuesday, February 19, 2008

Scanning History


ShawborderNCPCltr.jpg
Originally uploaded by In Shaw
I'm trying to bring some order to my history collection. Somethings I'm holding on to because I wanted to share them with others, like this letter. But knowing that it is the responsibility of the Federal Government to keep the blasted thing, then there is no real reason for me to hold on to it, and I may as well chuck the copy I have.
I also updated my DC Maps on Flickr, so there are some 1887 parts of the Truxton Circle 'hood.
Anyway, I'm guess the letter is difficult to read from my blog page. It is from the April 7, 1966 Open session of the NCPC on the topic of the Shaw School Urban Renewal Area's boundaries. My fav part of the letter reads "WHEREAS, it appears that conditions of slum, blight, and deterioration exist in this area which are detrimental to health, safety, and welfare of the inhabitants and occupants of the area of the District of Columbia...."

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home